Compiling for Linux/Unix:
- install PHP (4.0.6 or higher). Follow instructions shipped with PHP.
- make sure phpize script is created.
- download DBG sources, unpack them for example in /usr/local/src directory.
- make sure you have autoconf 2.13 or newer, automake 1.4 or newer and libtool 1.3.3 or newer
- run deferphpize script. This script assumes that phpize is located in /usr/local/bin/phpize.
If it isn't, please set $phpize environment variable with proper path.
- dbg.so library will be created in modules subdirectory.
from this point onwards, installation is similar to the installation of any official PHP extension.
Proceed with "Configuring server part" topic
Compiling for Win32:
- download the latest PHP sources (4.0.6 or higher) and unpack them.
- download the latestDBG package, and install it.
- Copy dbg directory to the ext subdirectory of the PHP directory tree.
- Run Visual C++ open php4ts workspace and add the project named dbg.dsp to it.
- Select one of Debug_TS, Release_TS or Release_TS_Inline active configuration and compile it.
Using precompiled version for Win32:
Configuring server part:
If you get any problems with configuring the server part, read
especially Installation of Windows extensions,
then repeat steps listed above. Do not expect DBG to work if you didn't copy
the bundled dlls from 'dlls' folder to any directory listed in Windows PATH.
- copy php_dbg.dll (win32) or dbg.so (linux) into appropriate directory. Read PHP
documentation on how to install PHP extension.
- add extension=php_dbg.dll (win32) or extension=dbg.so (linux) entry into php.ini file.
- enable debugger: find and edit (or add new) following entries in the php.ini file:
debugger.enabled = true
debugger.profiler_enabled = true
debugger.JIT_host = clienthost
debugger.JIT_port = 7869
note that clienthost is a keyword for DBG. If you use it, DBG will automatically detect IP of each client.
- run <? phpinfo(); ?> script just to make sure dbg extension is working properly. You will see following message in the header:
with DBG v2.11.30, (C) 2000,2004 by Dmitri Dmitrienko, http://dd.cron.ru
and appropriately formed dbg section.